1. For those students who have a valid reason, there will be a resit of the paraphrasing test this Saturday (November 1) at 9am in Rm 9. Contact your lecturer if you missed the test and would like to resit. If you missed the test, watch this space, we will publish the reg numbers of a few students who were borderline and will be permitted to resit.
2. Referencing Test next week. You must sit the test during the week. Students with valid reasons MAY be allowed to sit on Saturday. There will be NO RESIT after next week.
3. Note that the essay cover page and template is now ready to use. See Admin Docs below.
Last week’s videos to review
1. Referencing Lecture 2A
2. Referencing Lecture 2B (Checking – the Final Countdown!)
HANDOUTS / HOMEWORK
1. Some exercises to practice referencing before the test are coming. They’ll be posted on Saturday.
1. TOPICS, MAIN IDEAS & TOPIC SENTENCES: Essay structure practice.
2. GRAMMAR WEBSITE: Everyone needs extra grammar practice, right?
3. MANAGING YOUR GROUP: How to organise your group work.
4. GRAMMAR CHECKLIST: Avoid these common errors.
5. APA REFERENCING STYLE: Use an APA guide whenever you are unsure!
(1) - LE 1503 Replacement class
(2) - LE 1503 Absence Request Form
LE 1503 REPLACEMENT CLASS procedure
If you can replace your class in the same week, ONLY complete the Absence Replacement Class Form (1).
APA GUIDE – APA_Referencing_6th_ed
CALENDAR – Calendar 2014-2015
ESSAY TEMPLATE – LE 1503 FINAL ESSAY COVER & TEMPLATE new! Use this document to submit your final essay
ESSAY QUESTION - LE1503 Essay Topic August 2014
GENERAL COURSE INFORMATION – LE1503 Rules & Information
LECTURE & ASSESSMENT SCHEDULE – LE1503 Schedule for students
Watch these short admin videos to understand basics about LE-1503.
Admin Video 1 – Attendance and Dropping
Admin Video 2 - Introduction to LE-1503
Admin Video 3 – Streaming too slow? How to download lectures